Thursday, June 30, 2011

Some Background

Below is an email/letter that we sent out several weeks ago that gives some context to where we have been and where we believe God is calling us to.

Hello all,

We are undergoing some major life changes and need your prayer.

About 8 months ago, God began to stir in my heart to start a new ministry. In a recent study ACMC, the ministry that I am currently with, had found that only 3% of the churches in the US have any kind of a viable missions program. It was at that time that God began to call me to reach out to the other 97%. Slowly, He began to give me a vision of what needed to happen, including impressing upon me that it was time to take a leap of faith. This was something that I did not have the courage to do. Several weeks ago, I finally gave in and began to lay the foundations for the start of the ministry. My timetable, however, was far too conservative for God. This week, since I was unwilling to jump myself, God gave me a little push. Monday, NYS laid off several long-tenured employees, including myself, due to the economy. Immediately, I felt the peace of God as He reassured me that I was in His hand and that He had something better in store for us.

Please pray for me and my family as we begin this exciting and, yet, scary journey.

There are three major needs we have right now:

1. We need to raise support to replace lost income
2. We need wisdom in structuring this new ministry and managing time wisely
3. We need lots of prayer covering for needs 1 & 2 and all the challenges we have yet to face.

If you can provide support in any of these areas or have thoughts you would like to share, please let me know. I would be very grateful and it would be a great encouragement to us. Also, if you would like to know more about our life or ministry, I would love the chance to share with you.

Thank you all for all you mean to us.

Looking forward…

Devon and Shannon

1 comment:

  1. Devon & Shannon,

    It is my prayer that as you remain faithful to the call that God has placed upon your lives...that He will richly reward you...maybe not in ways that you might be accustomed to or expect...but still His Faithfulness to us is never ending!

    ReplyDelete